Friday, February 15, 2008

Celluloid Corner


Yesterday was Valentines Day... I have to admit that I came through once again with a killer gift for my wife. Dangly ear-rings. Guys... you can't go bad with dangly ear-rings. Anyway.. Last night we went to the local movie house and saw Definately, Maybe. On the Kelly Scale of 1 to 5, I give it an "OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A LAMER MOVIE MY WIFE MADE ME TAKE HER TO ON VALENTINES DAY". It was a chick flick that even the chicks weren't diggin...


Today, however, my wife headed north to visit the in-laws (my in-laws, her parents) so I got to a movie all by my self. Now being the good husband that I am, I called her (before she managed to get across the border and her cell phone still worked) and gave her a list of possible movies that I was allowed to see without her.
  • Spiderwick.. "No, I think I want to see that too," she said.
  • Rambo... "By all means GO!"
  • The Eye... "Too scarey... I will not be going"
  • The Jumper... "No, I want to see that one with you," she said. "Love of my life, it's SciFi," I said. "I don't care, I might like it," she said. "It deals with Space Time Continuum," I said. "I think I'd like some Space Time Continuum in my life about now... don't go!" (what did she mean by that?!?!)
  • Fools Gold... "A Stupid Show... go"
So off to Fools Gold I went. It was wonderful. It was the romantic comedy that I think my wife thought we were going to on Valentine's Day. I loved it. Would see it again. Recommend it highly (except for one scene where a drunk girl does a very quick "flash"... parents be ready to cover the kids' eyes). On the Kelly Scale of 1 to 5 I give it a YaSureYouBetcha!! Sersiously, how can you go wrong? You've got flying, SCUBA diving, Treasure hunting, a guy who reminds me of what I used to look like a couple of years ago, and tender romance (not to mention Donald Sutherland pretending he's British... I wonder who came up with that idea!?) Anywho, go see it, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: